Author Topic: AR47 / FAL45 Interest List  (Read 20667 times)

Offline JP223

Re: AR47 / FAL45 Interest List
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »
yeah I know thier different. I have always wanted one..I would love to have a 223 FAL

Offline Prototype Services

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 11:19:19 PM »
Nobama wins. ::)

The clock is ticking.......... :o

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »
Nobama wins. ::)

The clock is ticking.......... :o

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 05:38:48 AM »
DAMN THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!    The democraps will be eating their words here in a couple years when this countries economy completely goes down the drain.  It's going to become so much more unprofitable for the large corporations that they will not only take jobs overseas, but I honestly believe they will move their whole business out of the USA.  And right now, I don't blame them one bit.  I mean why stay in the USA when you will soon be taxed more than ever, you have high overhead to cover insurance cost because of lawyers, and crooked politicians constantly pass new regulations making it harder and harder to conduct business in the USA.  Right now it's hard to find a product made in the USA, but here in a few years I really believe it'll get much much worse.  I fear people will loose the AMERICAN dream since there will be no advantage to do better for yourself because the government will take it away.  My brothers, I fear one day we will have to once again pick up our arms and defend ourselves against our government.  Let's hope this never happens, but they do say history repeats itself.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILIES. 

Sorry, I will now get off the soap box.  I have never done anything with the FAL so I will be learning how the rifle operates as I design the FAL45.  The first thing I'll need right off the bat is a 45 barrel and a parts kit.  Where can these things be found?

Justin

Offline para45

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »
 :) the best bet for a 45 barrel is to get a thompson from http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=111Zz1927A-1&MC= . I got one and had kurt kustum firearms llc install his adapter for the ar platform. barrel looks great. i got a finned one. it would be the quickest and the price is not bad. i have a couple of parts kits but i'm debating if i want to part with one. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »
Justin, Let me know what else you need. I have a barrel, although the chamber may be a bit big. If you want to supply a TSMG barrel, I think I can get it modded for the FAL for you. Don't you have a couple FAL kits? You can swap the lower halves like an AR. The top half for the FAL45 will mostly be all custom.

Offline JP223

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 06:57:49 PM »
Can't wait!!! 

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 05:06:26 AM »
Justin, Let me know what else you need. I have a barrel, although the chamber may be a bit big. If you want to supply a TSMG barrel, I think I can get it modded for the FAL for you. Don't you have a couple FAL kits? You can swap the lower halves like an AR. The top half for the FAL45 will mostly be all custom.

Whatever barrel is used we need to make sure we can get lots of them.  So I think the thompson barrel might be good if we can modify it.  I still have several things going on right now so I don't have a whole lot of time to do research, so do you know where you can buy a good thompson barrel?  I'll try to pick up a couple and send them to you so you can get them modified.  Yeah, I do have a couple FAL parts kits that are still setting in the same box that they were shipped to me in.  I can't remember if they are metric or inch, not real sure if that'll matter.  It's been so long since I looked at the FAL stuff that I don't remember how to tell the difference between the inch and metric FAL's anymore...haha. 

Justin

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 01:54:16 PM »
Gun Parts Corp out of New York had the Thompson barrels for about $110 a piece in 10" and 16" lengths.

Offline JP223

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:11 PM »
can the ar47 lower be made to use ak74 mags?

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 03:04:23 AM »
can the ar47 lower be made to use ak74 mags?

Yes with minor mods.

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
Justin,
I missed your post. Use my email if you will as I check it more often.
Also, let me check on barrels before you buy any. Might be cheaper to get something other than TSMG barrels and then have to sleeve them to accept FSBs, etc.
Most inch vs metric FAL stuff is interchangeable, but if you know the differences you can plan for both. Some inch stuff is better, so you might consider including certain things in your design. I am biased in favor of inch parts and rifles anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Offline JP223

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 03:02:34 AM »
What kind of mods? thanks for all the info

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
Justin,
I missed your post. Use my email if you will as I check it more often.
Also, let me check on barrels before you buy any. Might be cheaper to get something other than TSMG barrels and then have to sleeve them to accept FSBs, etc.
Most inch vs metric FAL stuff is interchangeable, but if you know the differences you can plan for both. Some inch stuff is better, so you might consider including certain things in your design. I am biased in favor of inch parts and rifles anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
No problem.  Just let me know what you find out about the barrels.

I hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Justin

Offline JP223

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »
How is the 45 FAL and, AR47's coming along?

Offline BLOWNZO6

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »
DAMN THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!    The democraps will be eating their words here in a couple years when this countries economy completely goes down the drain.  It's going to become so much more unprofitable for the large corporations that they will not only take jobs overseas, but I honestly believe they will move their whole business out of the USA.  And right now, I don't blame them one bit.  I mean why stay in the USA when you will soon be taxed more than ever, you have high overhead to cover insurance cost because of lawyers, and crooked politicians constantly pass new regulations making it harder and harder to conduct business in the USA.  Right now it's hard to find a product made in the USA, but here in a few years I really believe it'll get much much worse.  I fear people will loose the AMERICAN dream since there will be no advantage to do better for yourself because the government will take it away.  My brothers, I fear one day we will have to once again pick up our arms and defend ourselves against our government.  Let's hope this never happens, but they do say history repeats itself.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILIES. 

Sorry, I will now get off the soap box.  I have never done anything with the FAL so I will be learning how the rifle operates as I design the FAL45.  The first thing I'll need right off the bat is a 45 barrel and a parts kit.  Where can these things be found?

Justin

Funny I was just browsing some random items and came across this.  Very sad how true this has become.. and I unfortunately agree with you on all accounts mentioned.

Offline wr30025728

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »
DAMN THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!    The democraps will be eating their words here in a couple years when this countries economy completely goes down the drain.  It's going to become so much more unprofitable for the large corporations that they will not only take jobs overseas, but I honestly believe they will move their whole business out of the USA.  And right now, I don't blame them one bit.  I mean why stay in the USA when you will soon be taxed more than ever, you have high overhead to cover insurance cost because of lawyers, and crooked politicians constantly pass new regulations making it harder and harder to conduct business in the USA.  Right now it's hard to find a product made in the USA, but here in a few years I really believe it'll get much much worse.  I fear people will loose the AMERICAN dream since there will be no advantage to do better for yourself because the government will take it away.  My brothers, I fear one day we will have to once again pick up our arms and defend ourselves against our government.  Let's hope this never happens, but they do say history repeats itself.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILIES.  

Sorry, I will now get off the soap box.  I have never done anything with the FAL so I will be learning how the rifle operates as I design the FAL45.  The first thing I'll need right off the bat is a 45 barrel and a parts kit.  Where can these things be found?

Justin

Funny I was just browsing some random items and came across this.  Very sad how true this has become.. and I unfortunately agree with you on all accounts mentioned.

Ain't that something.  This is why I think we really need to grow a set and stand up against the unconstitutional restrictions placed upon us by Uncle Sugar with regard to firearms ownership and the type/capabilities of firearms.  We should be as close as possible to being equally armed as the government is.  Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:47:33 PM by wr30025728 »

Offline Mikanator

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »
You can put me down for both. Although it looks like this thread is somewhat irrelevant, and that Justin is moving ahead at the moment.

Offline wendellgj

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »
I have a machinist friend building a 5.45 x 39. I was never interested but seems like the AR 15 platform would work with minor alterations? He is doing a bolt action and I suggested using the AR system. Is this round being chambered and barrels available? I am personally more interested in standard calibers since standard is what I rat-hole and reload. WGJ

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2010, 02:39:25 AM »
I'm talking to another guy about barrels. He has some experience with FAL barrels. He says getting 45 barrel blanks has been an issue for several years.  He wants an idea of quantity, but it is hard to make a guess since we don't have receivers yet. I am hoping he will make 223 FAL barrels too if we get any further with the "FAL223"-with-AR-magwell project Justin.
I'm hoping we can also get a para style one piece bolt/carrier for the 45acp. DSA still sells 223 FAL bolts, but modifying one from 308 is a std gunsmith job.

I've got some 243 barrels I want to convert for the FAL too, so I will keep checking....