Author Topic: My G3  (Read 6190 times)

Offline 300magnum

• sic semper tyranus
My G3
« on: August 16, 2007, 09:09:47 PM »
Hi all, seeing as there is a G3 section, thought I'd share a pic of my G3.

Ex German Police G3 FS, JLD vented alloy forend, ARMS mount, Weigand rings, Leupold 3.5 to 10 MK4 Mil Dot. Factory H&K collapsible stock,(not very practical but cool)

Had it for three or four years, mainly used just for fun shooting but has seen a bit of action on feral goats and wallabies (small Kangaroos), we have little Kangaroo's here in NZ, not as big as the ones our neighbors have in Australia, good eating all the same.

Very fun rifle to shoot :) :)

See ya

Offline Prototype Services

Re: My G3
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 04:33:08 AM »
Very nice!
Got any good goat recipes? Hard to find wallaby or 'roo here in the States.

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 04:52:32 AM »
That is SWEEEET!!!!  I have a G3 kit that I've been wanting to build, but I just haven't found the time yet.  So did you build that rifle or did you just buy it complete?  I bet that sucker does some damage on a goat or a small kangaroo...haha

Justin

Offline 300magnum

• sic semper tyranus
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 04:53:14 PM »
Hi, cheers, Rifle is original H&K, bought it from a friend, added all the extra's as time has gone by, Genuine G3's are getting harder to find and are going for silly money now, last one I saw sell over here went for $5500 NZ and it was average to say the least.

Goat recipies, cubed and then slowly casseroled with mushrooms, tomates and onions, and served with a big pile of mashed potatoes :) :) yummmmm

In case your wondering, wallaby is very similar to lean beef in both taste and texture.

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:56:54 PM by 300magnum »

Offline MADJACK

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 06:14:10 AM »
Nice rifle 300Mag, so I guess that NZ doesn't suffer from the same stupidity as your neighbors when it comes to firearms ownership?

Offline 300magnum

• sic semper tyranus
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:44:25 PM »
Hi MADJACK, thanks, I think we in NZ are very fortunate as to firearms ownership, we are still allowed to own pretty much anything.
Great as far as I am concerned, terrible as far as my wallet is concerned ;D