Author Topic: FAL 0%-80% receivers?  (Read 25391 times)

Offline govtcontact

Re: FAL 0%-80% receivers?
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 05:39:09 AM »
Me and a buddy had 3- 80% receivers worked up and completed off of some blueprints that I purchased.  Ill try to track down the prints as they got marked up with corrections from reverse engineering and inaccuracies that were discovered. 

The total shop time working ON the three blanks was under 20 hours, and most of that was set up.

Offline vandal968

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »
A few weeks ago somebody was selling (3) of the century FAL castings for $50ea on FalFiles.  Don't know if they're still up or not.  The biggest problem with the FAL has always been the lack of decent drawings.  There are several sets in circulation, none is completely correct.  Gunplumber has a set of factroy blueprints, but he won't share.

v

Offline para45

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 05:21:07 AM »
justin you will want to look at this link!
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249413
there are prints available, its just takes a little effort! ;D ;D ;D
good luck!!

Offline Xthump

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »
I know this thread is very very dead, but just if anyone was wondering I found several solid models, and *.IGES files of the FAL receiver on grabcad.com
Take note though I havent the slightest idea if they are any good.  they appear to be accurate, but considering that there are almost no blueprints on the net to verify dimensions your guess may be as good as mine.  I personally dont have a receiver to reference dimensions, so if anyone wants me to post the good CAD files i found i would be happy to do so.

thanks