Author Topic: AR 10 upper cad files  (Read 9165 times)

Offline 57bronco

AR 10 upper cad files
« on: May 16, 2007, 07:01:39 PM »
Does anyone have cad files for the AR 10 upper?

Offline 57bronco

Re: AR 10 upper cad files
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
I may just dissemble the one I have.
Would anyone be interested in the files?

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »
Sorry, I don't have any AR10 upper files, but if you get a set made, I'd love to take a look at them :D

Justin

Offline RobC

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »
I've been hunting for them as well. I have found that depending who made them, the dimensions may differ. Specifically the chamfer on the lower near the stock.

Offline Tedunc

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »
I have also been trying to find a cad file for an upper. If someone has a site I can correct any problems

Offline bookwurm99

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:58:58 PM »
check out the "ar 10 stainless upper + design" post.  has an incomplete upper model in it.

Offline guneng

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
I'm also in need of Files
I will keep looking!

Offline tracrrnd

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:42:34 PM »
I have a cad file for an AR-10 upper but have no way to verify if it is correct. let me know if you want it. It was done by racingguy2.

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »
I have a cad file for an AR-10 upper but have no way to verify if it is correct. let me know if you want it. It was done by racingguy2.

have you verified w/ racingguy2 it is ok to distribute?
FUBob

Offline tracrrnd

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »
He posted it in another thread and it is still an active link there but I will ask any how. PM'ed him

here it the thread      http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=342.0
 7th post down

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 02:51:29 PM »
He posted it in another thread and it is still an active link there but I will ask any how. PM'ed him

here it the thread      http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=342.0
 7th post down

thanks for taking the time to post that.  i have read every post here, but i can't remember all of them  ;D, just wanted to make sure all is ok w/ everybody.

FUBob

Offline tracrrnd

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:45 PM »
Just got the reply from racingguy2 with the OK.             

"Please feel free to distribute! This model assembled on Justin's lower model,
and the finished item works well. It is a bit beefy, but I intended it that way since it was for a target rifle."  racingguy2

Offline WOUNDEDFISH

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »
hate to drag up an old thread but I have to start posting somewhere (been lurking for a few weeks learning from all the fine folks here)....  but here goes...

anyone still have this file (the iges upper model for the 308, or at least the prints for it).... ????

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »
hate to drag up an old thread but I have to start posting somewhere (been lurking for a few weeks learning from all the fine folks here)....  but here goes...

anyone still have this file (the iges upper model for the 308, or at least the prints for it).... ????

ummmmm..... the link to the link is just a few posts up from yours  ;D
heatware username: goober

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »

http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=342.msg2376#msg2376

Offline WOUNDEDFISH

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
boy, nothing like lookin stupid    ::) 

you guys have no idea how many times i had looked thru that very thread and had never seen the download link in the small blue type and I probably would have never seen it had you guys not held my nose to it... ha!!!!  Thank you gents!

If i might ask you.  I have been browsing a few sites here and there which is how i found CNC guns ..... very nice site by the way Justin...    digging out information on 308 AR's.  I am a mechanical designer so the drawings and models are no problem for me and my good friend runs CNC for a large company and should be able to run some lowers for himself and me (i am hoping) which is where my interest in all of this comes in.  What is your guys take on the age old discussion of radius buffer tower transition or angled (armalite style) transition...  if i make the armalite version am I too limited with uppers or if I make the armalite based with just the radiused transition am I setting myself up to have uppers that wont work mechanicay with the armalite lower... (I havent done enough research yet to know if the armalite lower will mesh with any of the dpms upper mechanics and I dont mean just fitment because i know from you giuys that is why the radius issue came up

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
Taylor WSO's tutorial on arfcom is certainly worth a read.
there probably isn't a "better" design between the curved-radius ("DPMS" or AR15-style) and the angled one ("Armalite").
the uppers & lowers can be kludged to work if mixed but you're much better off sticking w/ one design or the other on a particular rifle.
AFAIK, currently there are probably more AR-308 uppers being made in the Armalite design (Armalite, Noveske) than DPMS.
"banned member" has decided to go DPMS pattern on their new finished and 80% lowers, but if you're going to go scratch-built CNC from billet you don't care about that.
personally, i'd go Armalite pattern, but that is just my bias.  ;D
heatware username: goober

Offline WOUNDEDFISH

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »
That was a good read goober; thanks!

I have to agree with you (and most of it is just personal preference) but I tend to like the armalite stuff too.  And the comment made in the FAQ thread you linked about "tollerance stack differences" between manufacturers makes tons of sense and cements in that I will be sticking with the armalite style and parts.

I do have one more thing to ask real quick, if anyone here would be willing to share, .... the upper model i got from here was great, it is a nice design...  I think i want to stick to the more military style look with the dirt door and all so does anyone either have that model (armalite version so i can make sure my lower which is based on justin's will fit) or even just the drawings for it?  I would be willing to model it and post it up here for sharing.