Author Topic: Custom Trigger Project  (Read 2132 times)

Offline CNCguy

Custom Trigger Project
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:21:46 AM »
Has anyone yet to try and machine their own trigger at home? I was going to attempt today using some left over A2 steel I had, and a print from RifleConnection Blueprints , I have double checked the dimensions on a cheap milspec I already have and all seems dead on. Also what type of heat treating should I do? Do I need to really case harden the hammer? Its a great set of prints that contains the hammer, trigger, and catch, but just starting with the trigger since I want to modify it into a flat trigger without curve.

Offline MistWolf

Re: Custom Trigger Project
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:13:08 PM »
Hardening the hammer, sear and trigger is important. If the steel is too soft, the sear will wear leading to trouble down the road, including doubling, tripling and even uncontrolled full auto

Offline luv2ride

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 06:03:39 AM »
I don't know what print or drawing you have but I know the 1911 prints have sear and hammer hardness call out of 43.5 -50 HRC. Why the .5 I don't know and if there is any correlation to the ar platform I'm not sure either. Just throwing it out there to consider.

Offline mongo63a

• Weapon Blueprints
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:23 AM »
The heat treatment and metallurgy requirements are spelled out on the original M16 prints.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/

Offline mongo63a

• Weapon Blueprints
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »
Here is the trigger dwg
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/