Author Topic: AR-15 Lower Receivers and Milling  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Deadeye95

AR-15 Lower Receivers and Milling
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:17:28 PM »
I am brand new to this site, just found it, and will have to stumble as I usually do and find out the correct protocol for different subjects.   So, having said that, I have my first question on this site.
I was looking for a jig to install a FSB on a 20" barrel on an  A2 Retro that I'm building and I found this site while looking for tools.   
My question:   If I am drilling out the opening for the fire control parts and I mistakenly go back too far and drill out the part that would normally be a shelf on a "legal" AR-15, am I in ATF trouble.??
In other words, if I drill the space out far enough, mistakenly, so that an auto sear would fit and function in this space, even though there is no hole drilled for the sear pin in the receiver and no sear anywhere near the receiver, am I in trouble, or is it just another AR lower with a bigger space than most?
Thanks to any who may respond.....I emphasize that I in no way intend to drill out a lower in this manner but want to know what I can and cannot do so that I don't have to worry about being illegal.   I'm building more AR's all the time now and I want to remain free to do this.    Thanks in advance.................Deadeye95