Author Topic: Olympic .45 upper - 7.5" with extras  (Read 2143 times)

Offline 45zring

Olympic .45 upper - 7.5" with extras
« on: March 19, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »
For sale:

Olympic .45ACP flat-top upper receiver.  Barrel has been cut, turned down, and threaded by ADCO.  Barrel is stainless and the profiled section is silver in color.  Stainless cannot be parkerized. 1/16” twist, length is 7.5” and threading is 5/8 x 24.  Flash suppressor and new crush washer included but not attached ( see pic ).  Forward assist has been removed and replaced by a Weapon Outfitter Gas Vent ( http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar-gas-vent.html ).  Gas Vent helps direct dirty gas away from the shooter’s face especially if you’re using a suppressor.  In any case, the Oly bolt carrier does not have forward assist grooves so the FA is pointless.  The Gas Vent is a step up whether you run a suppressor or not.  This upper comes with an 8 oz. heavy buffer, new Wolff XP Action Spring ( purchased 1/6/14 – receipt will come with the upper ), and a complete spare Olympic pistol caliber upper ejector assembly (purchased 7/3/13 – receipt will come with the upper ) so you’ll have spares. 
Asking $650 shipped for all of it. 
I have some trade interests:  I need a good 5.56 bolt carrier assembly and a foliage Magpul CTR or STR.  I’d count those toward the sale price.
Thanks for looking.

Barrel profile:

Bolt / carrier assy. and charging handle:

Oly ejector assembly.  New, never been out of the package.

Flash hider and new  5/8 / .308 crush washer.

Buffer and Wolfe XP spring:

Bolt and charging handle.

If you're underwhelmed here's how this upper looks "dressed" with a 7" Midwest Industries MCTAR20 rail and my screw-on can.

Spes non consilium est!

Offline badboy45

Re: Olympic .45 upper - 7.5" with extras
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:32:31 AM »
Zring, that is a nice looking setup  :D, why the let go?  ???  I might be interested in it, will send you a PM.
"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid" - John Wayne

AR-45 pistol
AR-47 pistol
AR-15 223 BBSS
AR-57 5.7X28

Offline 45zring

Re: Olympic .45 upper - 7.5" with extras
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
SOLD.  Thank you.  Will ship in the AM 4/25/14.  I'll give you tracking number ASAP.
Spes non consilium est!