Author Topic: AR15 PDFs - Exploded views and machine drawings  (Read 80115 times)

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
AR15 PDFs - Exploded views and machine drawings
« on: January 30, 2007, 03:03:21 AM »
The following PDFs were made so that they can be scaled without degradation - no jaggies (native vector art).  I have blown up the M4 Complete to approx 2'x3' just for a little wall decoration that the wife loves ;) .  Enjoy, and if anybody wants, let me know and I can supply these in other formats such as ai, eps, dxf, dwg, etc.

AR15 Lower Machine Drawing
AR15 FlatTop Upper Machine Drawing

A2 Complete

M4 Complete

Rifle Length Barrel Assembly

M4 Barrel Assembly

A2 Stock

CAR Stock

A2 Upper

A4 Upper

A3 Removeable Carry Handle

Bolt, Carrier & Charging Handle

Lower

Magazine
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:46:21 AM by FUBob »

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
Re: AR PDFs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:40:12 PM »
AWESOME!!!!  2'x3' Damn that's BIG.  Now if we can just make it big enough so we can put it on one of those big billboards on the side of the road.  It would be cool if somebody had enough money to put up a big billboard like that showing a "evil black" rifle and talking about the 2nd Amendment :D  There are just so many people out there that have no idea what their 2nd Amendment consists of :(  A 20 foot billboard would be a good way to get their attention...haha

These big print outs do make good wall hangers.  I have all kinds of firearm blueprints hanging on the walls of my office :D

Justin

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
Re: AR PDFs
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
that would be excellent :)  i think that would scare those hardcore dems right off the road  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 03:28:26 PM by FuBob »

Offline tc2k11

Re: AR15 PDFs - Exploded views and a lower machine drawing
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:48:58 AM »
Does anyone know why the +/- signs overlap in the AutoCAD and most PDF drawings? And how to fix it?

Offline highxxx

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
I've worked in autodesk for about 17 years and have never had that issue. Do you use text or mtext to label? Or is it a dimstyle?

Offline tc2k11

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 05:26:15 AM »
To be honest with you, I have no idea. Just recently started messing with AutoCAD.

The screenshot above was taken from the machd.dwg CAD file (in the "Master CAD Files" download) from BiggerHammer.net. All CADs of the lower receiver I've been able to find on the internet seem to have this overlap problem.

It looks like the AR15 Lower Machine Drawing PDF listed at the top of this thread has the overlaps, too, maybe printed from this same CAD file?

Offline cymax

Re: AR15 PDFs - Exploded views and machine drawings
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 08:38:13 AM »
this maybe due to the conversion from dfx to pdf look at the original dfx file and you will see that it does not occur :)

Offline newcomer

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 01:16:37 AM »
I'm guessing you're using the CAD default PDF printer to save the drawing file to PDF. It happens on my Wildfire too.

Using a 3rd party PDF printer solves the issue.

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=Reg&CODE=03&SID=491bce7231e8633b

Offline trailblazer

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
thanks for the blues, ive been searching for flattop upper prints for a while, some day i will actualy make one (when i can afford a bridgport). also gonna make some new art for my house.

Offline Kaisake

• Custom SLR
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »
Thanks OP for the diagrams and blueprints! :D

Offline Ryo

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one seeing the print issue.. 
There's another free 3rd party software called CutePDF.  I haven't tried it for printing blueprints, but for pdfs it does a great job.

Offline tc2k11

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
Well, the screenshot above is directly from the CAD drawing; no PDF involved.

Offline Beau52501

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
Thanks a bunch, made copies of all of them and put them on the wall of the shop.

Offline Kazian

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 02:02:04 AM »
Hello,

I'm in Switzerland and I'm looking for AR15 carrier and bolt blueprint and 9mm bolt blue print.

Thanks

Offline amason

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I was wondering if You could supply me with a dwg file that contains the Hammer, Trigger, Disconnector and Saftey. I am working on a bolt action project and am going to use AR-15 FCG. Any help will be greatly apprciated.

Offline wendellgj

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
amason, I like your user name. Welcome. All I can say about the files is WOW. Thank you. I know a guy who may be able to do a set of big wall Hangers.

WGJ  8)

Offline amason

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »
Anything to give the correct dimensions to start with. Locating it relative to the bore should be as easy as maitaining the pin relationship to each pin(it won't work if you don't anyway) and keep the distance between the bore center line and the hammer correct. The big unknown is position behind the opening in the bolt for the hammer to strike the firing pin. Unfortunately I do not have CNC stuff so I have to do my plans in 2D. I have almost finished the reciever plans just trying to get my mind warped around the trigger. I am too hard headed to but a trigger so I am going to mill it myself. The only thing I plan to buy premade will be a barrel. If you let me know who the guy is that can do the wall hangers I would appreciate it. As far as the name it is just easy to remember, I have 4 boys at home so I try not to strain my brain too much
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:29:10 PM by amason »

Offline PHALANX

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
does anyone know where i can find the CAD CAM files/drawings for the carbine buffer tube dimensions?? they're definately out there since we have buffer tubes lol and i'm sure they are'nt classified lol

any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance =)

Offline TehVice

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »
does anyone know where i can find the CAD CAM files/drawings for the carbine buffer tube dimensions?? they're definately out there since we have buffer tubes lol and i'm sure they are'nt classified lol

Commercial tube: http://firearmfiles.com/files/AR15/Telescopic_Stock-%20by%20f22.zip

Offline PHALANX

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »

Commercial tube: http://firearmfiles.com/files/AR15/Telescopic_Stock-%20by%20f22.zip

awesome thanks much and thanks for quick response in help=) the only thing is i'm going to need it to be mil-spec for ease of compatibility.