Author Topic: FS '92 Moog/MHP A-22 VMC, ATC, New CNC control, New Spindle  (Read 1271 times)

Offline CoolHand

FS '92 Moog/MHP A-22 VMC, ATC, New CNC control, New Spindle
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »
1992 Moog/MHP A-22 VMC

Travels: x-21", y-16", z-16"

Spindle Taper: BT40, Max RPM: 5,000, Power: 5/7 hp, belt drive, low range geared, high range direct drive

Control: Visimetrics PC Based VisiCNC Hydrapath HPIII , floppy, RS232, 2gb HD

Tool Changer Capacity: 22 tools

Overall Machine Weight: ~8,500 lbs

Asking Price:  $9,950

I've owned this machine since 2002.  Control was retrofit in 2005.  Spindle was rebuilt in 2008, all new bearings, housing and taper rechromed and reground, retention system rebuilt, less than ten hours on it since reassembly.  X axis has new servo motor and amp card, Y axis healthy, Z axis motor is finicky and will need attention eventually.  Machine is equipped with Heidenhain glass scales, repeatable to 0.0001" in all three axes.  Box type ways with new Turcite on all three axes as well.  Tool changer has one pocket with a broken finger, easy to replace, but I've never needed more than a dozen tools for a job, so never did it.

All available manuals included for both the machine mechanicals and electricals as well as the retrofit control and programming manuals.  I also have a MasterCAM X post processor that works very will, which I will include in the deal.

Machine comes with integral coolant tank and basins as well as an integral programmable coolant pump.

Enclosure is shop made, but very functional, and is included if the buyer wants it.

I'm looking to upgrade to a newer machine with a 4th axis and I'm moving my shop, so I don't want to handle this machine twice.  It has more than paid for itself over the years, I am just looking to recoup the money I've invested recently in upgrades and rebuilds.

We will arrange for loading on this end at buyer's expense.

If the asking price doesn't suit you, please feel free to make me an offer.

Lots of tooling available as well, at additional cost.  Vises in pictures are NOT included and are not for sale.  Everything else is negotiable.

Pictures:

The covers were removed for the above pics.  Here it is with the side covers in place:

Here's the top cover, not installed, but you get the idea:

Pics of the control and front panel:

RS232 Hatch:

Inside the enclosure:

Programming, Maintenance, Electrical, and Operation Manuals:

I also have quite a bit of tooling available for additional cost:

Thanks for looking!  :D