Author Topic: KTO 80% Sig P228 Goup Buy  (Read 18186 times)

Offline tlagnhoj

Re: KTO 80% Sig P228 Goup Buy
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 08:32:26 AM »
DELETED BY Tlagnhoj:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:30:34 PM by tlagnhoj »

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE NEGATIVITY IN THIS THREAD.  IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL OTHERWISE I'LL HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE!!!!

I've only scanned across the replies you guys have made so I don't know everything that has been said.  From my experience, KT has always made a quality product.  I'm pretty confident if somebody did have a problem with a product purchased from KT then I'm sure Rick would make it right. 

I think there are more and more people in America that don't appreciate the products that are made in this country (at least the products that are still made here).  America has become the nation of "I want it cheap cheap cheap, but if it's not 100% perfect quality then I'm going to bitch and complain about it".  The more you look around the more you see that nothing is made in America anymore and with this you see that more and more people don't have a clue how parts are manufactured.  There aren't many American manufacturing companies anymore, especially gun manufacturers.  It's gotten to the point where companies simply don't want to take the risk of producing parts where they could somehow get sued over it later.... especially with firearms.  Big deal if KT is different because he also accepts silver and gold.  I'm sure people thought the Patriots were different too back in the late 1700's.  I think it takes people being different to help open the eyes of others. 

If you have ideas of how to make a product better, then lets see you physically bring it to the table.  People can talk all day of experience and knowledge they have, but until you produce, the talking is only words.

LETS GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!

Thanks,
Justin

Offline theswede

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 02:19:42 AM »
why many outsource production are purely cost related , not really a getting sued issue ..

i was in contact with a very big chinese cnc factory that produces lowers and uppers for 3 big US companies adn their retail price on 1 lower, was less than the production cost of a lower in the us even if 100 was ordered in the us.. i have 1 in the mail from china now because i want to see if theyre within specs ..

if they are they sell 100% lowers in the "rodriques magpul" design for 62 dollars and if i order 10 the price would drop around 5 dollars and even more if 100 was ordered .. and thats for 100% wonder what theyd charge for an 80% lower

so its probably more a production cost issue that many companies move or outsource the production and lets face it , apart for when they just spit out 1 dollar items the chinese are very skilled enginners and machinists and the big renowned factories has same high qualitycontrol as any us based company

regarding the topic . : i finnished one of the earlier KTO 228 frames .. and it was very easy, the result got very nice and it works like a charm (it was a steel one tho)

Offline Mongo

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 07:28:08 AM »
I missed another! I feel like I missed the best years of this hobby now.

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
I missed another! I feel like I missed the best years of this hobby now.
this has not happened yet. still waiting for BATFE approval on the sample paperweight.
i'll add you to the "interested" list
heatware username: goober

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »
BATFE HAS APPROVED KTO's "80%" Sig P-228 TYPE PISTOL FRAME AS A NON-FIREARM!!!

:D

I'm on travel next week so won't be online much, but this is a big milestone. Rick is still figuring out final price. Minimum order will be 100.
More as I know it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:49:07 PM by goober »

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 08:31:23 AM »
That is AWESOME!!!  I can't wait to see his frames.

Offline Johnny_V

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
I'll be interested to see the price. If the price is low enough, I would consider purchasing one, maybe two......
Johnny_V
NRA Endowment Life Member
Member OGCA & GOA
CCW OH & PA

Offline Dark

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »
So, did this effort die?

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
So, did this effort die?

Sorry, have been away on travel a lot lately.
Still hope to make a go at this.
Still collecting interest info.
Price will be dependent on material, which has not been finalized: $250 for T-6 6061, or $300 for steel
Please sign on here if interested.

Offline Otlichno

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
I know this hasn't been posted in over a year and a half, but did this ever go anywhere?

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 10:40:26 PM »
I know this hasn't been posted in over a year and a half, but did this ever go anywhere?

it happened
that is a ridiculously long thread so i'll give you the reader's digest version:
after a long time spent getting folks to sign on, funds were collected and sent to KTO around March/April 2013
many problems and setbacks occurred during fabrication
frames were finally delivered early this year
reviews were mixed due to several design issues; to be fair, this was a first-run so issues were to be expected
biggest issues had to do with the way the picatinny tactical rail was cut into the dustcover, the trigger slot, and multiple other missing features that were expected to be finished
the combo 1911/Sig P22X jig that was delivered is largely regarded as a waste of $$
CalGuns member Rational1 worked out a fix for the tac rail problem, and has designed a much more useful/functional jig
he is truly the RockStar of this GB and has gone far out of his way to help everyone end up with successful builds, with little or no gain for himself

i'm willing to bet Rick @ KTO may still have a couple frames for sale if anyone is interested, but you really should read at least the last couple hundred posts in the above linked GB thread so you know what you are getting into.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:37:43 PM by goober »