Author Topic: Milled AK-47 lower receiver  (Read 6612 times)

Offline R.E.A.L.

Milled AK-47 lower receiver
« on: May 31, 2007, 07:45:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am looking to make a lower receiver for an ak-47 by milling it from bar stock. I have created a 3d model using prints for a stamped receiver so I am confident that the holes are all in the right places. I was wanting to thicken up the receiver in places to add strength and machine the upper and lower rails in place if possible. My problem is that the drawing of the stamped version that I have is a little vague on the location and I don't have a drawing for the rails. If anyone has any information that could help to point out the differances between the milled and stamped versions of this receiver I would appreciate it very much.  If anyone wants a copy of the the model I have just let me know how to get it to you and what format you want the file in. It's currently in Mastercam, but I can convert it to most any format

Offline vz58

Re: Milled AK-47 lower receiver
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »
Are you still looking at this project?  I have the info you need.  Were you thinking of a Russian, East german, Hungarian or Yugo receiver?

Offline Wingman33

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:14:50 AM »
you have to decide on what type of ak you are building
my suggestion is try and go romanian, or yugoslovian

Offline worker_201

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:07:46 PM »
Hi Guy's

New to the do it yourself program.
I just got myself a second kit. i want to do a milled reciever for it, instead of using a flat. It's a Hungarian Underfolder, but i'm going to change it to a fixed stock. So i'm hoping can get some help here. but i got the same problem as r.e.a.l. has. Thanks