Author Topic: CAD files for M16/AR15 bolt carrier group  (Read 5355 times)

Offline hope50

CAD files for M16/AR15 bolt carrier group
« on: January 19, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »
new to the forum, great resource!  I use Solid Edge and cam express for drawings and cam.  this is a solid modeling software that is great.  I am looking for M16/AR15 (A2 or A3) bolt carrier group cad files.   i can import from a variety of software into solid edge.  can anyone tell me where i can find them?

Offline pelagicdude

Re: CAD files for M16/AR15 bolt carrier group
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:09:01 PM »
I know youposted this a while back... I am looking for the same bolt carrier CAD files in ANY format. Did you have any luck on finding a place to download them from? Thanx!

Offline newyorkdesigns

Offline Daruble

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
Hi all

Thanks for the link newyorkdesigns. Have you ever made this bolt using this file??? One of the reviews claim it is missing two rings. I am very new to this hobby and was curious if it is an accurate file or not.

Thanks have a good day

Dave
Thanks and God Bless America
Dave

Offline newyorkdesigns

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:56 AM »
Hi all

Thanks for the link newyorkdesigns. Have you ever made this bolt using this file??? One of the reviews claim it is missing two rings. I am very new to this hobby and was curious if it is an accurate file or not.

Thanks have a good day

Dave

Don't ever download a free CAD file and expect every dimension to be 100% correct. Try it out, if you are new to the hobby I wouldn't suggest machining bolt carriers. Stick with a few muzzle breaks or flash hiders and work your skills up from there.

Offline pelagicdude

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
http://grabcad.com/library/bolt-carrier-assembly

;) Thank you!!!! Now I just need to find the tolerance sheet (tough to find anywhere for Bolt/carrier but important) and warm up the old HAAS...LOL

Offline Daruble

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »
Thanks Newyorkdesigns for the information. I was thinking of using the wax or Delrin just to see if I could get a solid upper and lower made, that was accurate and tight fitting. Then I would try one out of 7071 T6 maybe.

Thanks and God Bless America
Dave