Author Topic: Can anyone help me with machining out a few wide body 1911 frames  (Read 2458 times)

Offline OUTLAW1911

• OOOP'S
  I have had this project floating around in my head ever since I purchased my Colt Defender .45auto. I love that thing, its easy to conceal and I'm a very good shot with it. Only thing is I have MS and I sweat a lot. Like to the point were I have to change my cloths 3 to 5 times or more a day depending on what I'm doing. It really sucks to have to live like this but I'm hanging in there. The colt defender has an aluminum frame and my sweat at the end of the day leaves salt crystals right there on the aluminum and it also etches down into the aluminum like acid. Its crazy and I have destroyed a very nice handgun. I would like to speak to a machinist / gunsmith about machining out a few (para P14 style 1911 wide frames) made from stainless. My thinking here is by having 15 rounds of .45auto in my weapon this would eliminate the need to carry extra magazines as my toxic sweat effects them as well. Is there anyone out there that can help me out with this?
"Life * Liberty * And the pursuit of all who threaten US" 
                          Outlaw1911