Author Topic: Walther PPK/S .380 Build  (Read 5857 times)

Offline MTill

Walther PPK/S .380 Build
« on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »
Greetings fellow 'smithers!

Let's get the introduction out of the way. My daytime job is a CNC Machinist/Programmer and CAD guru. I run a 5-axis router (dual head rotary, AC) to make molds and master models for rapid prototyping. I actually had the chance to cut some tiny plastic parts out of Nylon 6 this past week, and they were pretty damn good for a machine of it's size! They were not as beautiful as the parts I made on the HAAS machine, but what can you expect. I also run 2 Objet 3D printers, which are awesome to print test parts on.

I've previously machined the Beretta 92FS with an accessory rail added into the front end. I'll post up the files here for y'all to check out. I worked off of Justin's model and added in the acc'y rail, brought it into SURFCAM and let the mill do the rest. I absolutely love to shoot the gun, and I haven't had any firing issues! How's that for a first piece? I love them Haas'.

Let's just say that I've now got the bug to make more firearms. I've already got an 80% AR-15 lower on the way along with a complete A3 upper, so that will be my next project.

What I would like to get rolling in the meantime is a PPK/S in .380 in a mild stainless steel. I've got all the other parts, but no frame. I'm sure I can find someone around me that has one, but I thought you all could help too. I only have the exploded diagrams from Walther at the moment, so I need real dimensions with good accuracy. (+/- .001" is fine)

So, does anyone have this frame? Feel free to holler with any CAD or CAM questions you have, I can probably help you out.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/417468/beretta_92fs_a1.zip
This has SW 2013 file, STEP, IGES and STL of the model I cut about a year ago.

Offline MTill

Re: Walther PPK/S .380 Build
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »
Well, no major progress so far. I did find a seemingly accurate model of a .32 PPK. I'll print one off on the Objet and see if the parts fit. Why not?

Here's a SW, STEP and STL of the PPK .32 frame.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/417980/Walther_.32_PPK_frame.zip

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:08:50 PM »
Cool project!
Keep us posted!
Pix!!
 ;D
heatware username: goober

Offline ssilver88

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:51:17 PM »
Hi Goober  :)

MTill, I have always wanted one of these and if I could build one that would be awesome. I have been looking for a single stack to build in the future after I finish the Sig that I am getting from the Group Buy that Goober is hosting on Calguns

Please keep me updated on this.

Offline foxmic000

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 04:14:25 AM »
I'm going to school at Lake Washington Institute of Technology for machining and I am making a 1911 as my capstone project. i want to add a accessory rail to this. i was wondering if the rail you added to the Beretta works with pistol accessories as it looks like the standard rifle Picatinny rail dimensions.

Offline yuncnt

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
if someone have a ppk's blueprint,or someone knows where i can get it,would you to share it for me?thank you :)