Author Topic: No more upper orders until further notice.  (Read 9499 times)

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
No more upper orders until further notice.
« on: September 04, 2007, 05:56:38 AM »
Gentlemen,

I will not be taking anymore .45 upper orders for the time being for the following reasons.

#1. Oly is out of barrels. It has been reported they have more in stock but I have not verified this yet. KKF is out of on hand barrel blanks and while he and his barrel blank supplier is ramping up to produce.45 barrels, I don't klnow when this will take place. Won't happen for at least 3-4 weeks from today.

#2. I have been offered and accepted a job as a contractor for an overseas gig. As much as I hate to give up playing with guns for a year or better, it pays a filthy amount of money that I just can't pass up. I am waiting to verify if the company is awarded the contract with the government. It is a 95% certainty but nothing is gauranteed. If it goes through, I'll be leaving in October.

I contacted Bruce of Bazooka Brothers who makes one of the other GG mag lowers about taking over the custom upper builds. He has agreed to do so if I actually leave for overseas. He has been building uppers for customers that purchased his lower so he is very familiar with all the custom options and nuances to .45 builds.

Khalan may also be in a position to build .45 uppers if their work load permits. Either way, until we can identify a steady source of .45 barrels, upper builds are going to take longer and longer and get more expensive.

I will finish all orders I have received to date before I deploy, even if I have to spend money out of pocket. My company and personal reputation is more valuable that a few dollars. Currently, it looks like all orders I have will be finished by the end of September at the latest.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 05:58:57 AM by Tango Chaser »

Offline trwalsh

Re: No more upper orders until further notice.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:56:54 AM »
Bill, if we send you a stripped upper, can you still drill the hole for the ejector, and do everything else that's needed for us, so when barrels become available, we can just put that in ourselves? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks, and best of luck.
Yes, I'd like an M240 please...no no, the other one, the belt fed!  Oh, and while I'm here, let me also get a big gulp, a powerball quick-pick, and a pack of Marlboro's, Thanks.

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 02:49:58 PM »
What I can do right now without barrels is drill and install customer supplied Oly ejector. $30 + $5 S&H, into any upper receiver you wish. Nothing else special is needed. The barrels install the same as a regular AR barrel. The only thing unique to building the .45 uppers is the Oly ejector installation. All other parts are simple installation.

I can still order RRA and Oly parts for the upper receiver but Oly ship times are painfully slow. I currently have a safe full of completed upper receivers minus barrels. I can't continue to do this. Sitting on parts costs me money and the customers get pissed and there goes my business reputation.

If you want a RRA upper receiver without the 9mm shell deflector, call RRA and order a stripped 9mm upper and a regular port door kit. It will save you a few bucks.

I have 10, Colt M4 hand guards inbound and will sell them for $25 a piece. They should be here this weekend.

Oly told me today the .45 barrels were 1-1 1/2 weeks out. Yeah and pigs fly.

To summarize.

I can:

Drill your upper receiver and install your Oly ejector spring.
Install your Oly bolt carrier assembly and charging handle.

This requires no ordering or stocking of parts on my end.

Offline Zach S

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:21 AM »
TC, I hate the fact that your sitting on uppers without bbls, are they otherwise ready to go, ejector and bolt installed?

How much would a 45 upper sans bbl cost?

And how much without a bolt?

Money is tight, so I have to buy in peices.

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:10:48 AM »
Upper without bolt carrier assy drilled with Oly ejector installed, $160. RRA ships in about 4 days but Oly will take 1-2 weeks just to get the ejector.

With BCG and charging handle $310. Be advised Oly is freaking slow on shipping these days. Would be better to order it yourself and save 2 way shipping.

RRA slick side flat top drilled for the ejector but customer installs the ejector, $145.

Offline Zach S

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »
I'd like an upper drilled for the ejector, but it may be the 14th (payday) before I can order.  Would that be too late?

Do you have extra uppers stocked, or are you ordering them as needed?  If you have them stocked, I figure I can unload one peice of your inventory before ya go.  If not, I wont bother ya with it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:21:04 PM by Zach S »

Offline mentalstampede

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 12:49:01 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Zach S.  I'm not up to drilling my own receiver, but I think I can handle all the rest.

Can I get you a Money Order for $145 and get one w/o ejector before you run off?

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
I'll find out if the overseas job is a go on 15 Sept. If it is a go, I'll be gone the 3rd or 4th week of October.

I can still get RRA uppers in a timely manner. Oly ejectors are taking up to 10 days from when I order them. I'm worried I'll be out of here still waiting on Oly parts to arrive. I will wait till the last possible minute for barrels to arrive or come 1 Oct, offer refunds on the barrels and ship the parts I do have.

I can still order RRA upper receivers and get them drilled if guys are up to ordering your own Oly ejector and installing it. It only takes a needle pliers, small screw driver (to move the spring away from the the roll pin hole) and a regular pair of pliers.

Offline trwalsh

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 02:02:57 PM »
TC, when we call Oly to order the ejector assy, what all do we need to order? I want to make sure I don't forget anything. Do we just ask for the "PC28 - Ejector Spring Parts Kit"? Do we also order the "ESEJP - Espring Ejector Spring"?
Yes, I'd like an M240 please...no no, the other one, the belt fed!  Oh, and while I'm here, let me also get a big gulp, a powerball quick-pick, and a pack of Marlboro's, Thanks.

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 10:43:12 PM »
PC28 gets you everything. The ejecter spring, the tension spring, the cross pin and a roll pin.

Offline rattler459

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »
the price of 145.00 plus s/h is that for the flat top with or without the 9mm deflector because I would like one with the deflector
and how would I order one

Thanks

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
I gave the wrong quote earlier.

$130 for a RRA slick side flat top drilled for Oly ejector.
$145 with injector installed.
$150 no ejector installed but with shell deflector.
$165 drilled with ejector installed and with shell deflector.

If in the future I have an alzheimers moment, please refer to this price list. (and maybe remind me I posted this list). Stress is a little high at Tango Chaser central with the retirement and job hunting.

Offline rattler459

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 12:17:39 PM »
Thanks for the prices
if I miss geting it done by you can you recomend some one to drill an upper for the oly pin

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 04:44:01 PM »
If and when I'm outa here, you can contact Bruce at Bazooka Bros. He has done a bunch of custom uppers for guys buying his BAZ45 lower.

Offline Desert_AIP

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
Thanks for the prices
if I miss geting it done by you can you recomend some one to drill an upper for the oly pin

If you're fairly handy, here are the dimensions.
http://www.hahn-precision.com/armory/armory.htm

Offline Tango Chaser

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 09:49:57 PM »
Drilling the hole yourself is not that hard. I discovered that the hole placement has a lot of room for error. If the cross pin holes are too high, there will be extra drag on the carrier but it will still shoot fine. If the cross pin holes are too low, the ejected rounds may hit the top of the ejection port but will still eject.

If the ejector spring pigtail hole is to low, you might have weak ejection. If it's too high, you will have severe ejection that can hurt someone. Ask my wife.

The real critical measurement is from the cross pin hole to the hole for the tail of the ejector. This has to be accurate as the spring can't be bent to reach a short or long hole and still work right. I screwed up a couple early conversion and learned the hard way and ended up elongating the holes to get the spring tail to fit. Up or down a few thousandths is OK but not short or long.

Offline Zach S

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 10:56:57 PM »
I reckon I'll try and drill an upper myself.

My washing machine died.  I spent upper money on parts for it :(