Author Topic: Kurt Kustom Firearm Barrels  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
Kurt Kustom Firearm Barrels
« on: August 14, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »
Just spoke to Kurt at KKF about his ability to supply .45 barrels for AR45 upper builds. He is rapidly running out of barrel blanks and his supplier is swamped with other barrel orders. I have 5 barrels ordered from Kurt at this time and another 2 were quoted today. Turn around is 2-3 weeks.

His on hand barrel blanks vary in length but he has more short blanks than long. SBR barrels are easier to get made and are less expensive as he doesn't need to install the front sight base with associated parts and he can get more SBR barrels from a single blank.

I will keep ordering barrels till he tells me he can't deliver anymore.

I can get Thompson SMG barrels in 10" and 16" length and have Kurt make be some Oly type barrel extensions and machine the "T" barrels to fit. This also costs a little more than Oly barrels. They make better SBR barrels as well due to the funky taper right where the front sight base mounts. They are thinner than Oly barrels by quite a bit.

Still taking orders at this time until the barrels dry up. Randall at AR15barrels.com can make one but his prices are quite high.

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
Re: Kurt Kustom Firearm Barrels
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »
Good news.

Just got a message from Kurt. He has spoken with his barrel supplier and they are ramping up to produce .45 barrel. This opens up the realm for any and all .45 barrel configurations.