Author Topic: Tactical Holster for EAA Witness?  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
Tactical Holster for EAA Witness?
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
What tactical holsters fit the EAA Witness? I'm looking for a thigh holster.

Do Beretta M9 holsters work for the Witness?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:44:18 PM by Tango Chaser »

Offline 300magnum

• sic semper tyranus
Re: Tactical Holster for EAA Witness?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »
Anything that fits a CZ75 or similar will fit, the CZ and Witness are basically the same gun.
It's funny, you guys (America) cal them EAA Witness 9mm, We (New Zealand) call them Tanfoglio Combat 9mm.
Are the EAA Witness's you guys have made in the USA or Tanfoglio in Italy?

:)

Offline Tango Chaser

• Tango Chaser Tactical LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »
As far as I know they are made in the US. It is my understanding the .45 version is slightly wider, that's why I asked about existing holsters.

Offline WDI

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:13:07 AM »
NECRO POST:

Seem to be doing a lot of this.

Fobus makes/made a Jericho holster that can be adapted to thigh rig with a little stitching. Since the holster is made forthe Jericho and they are essentially the same frame it should work perfectly. Also a P226 or other Sig Serpa may fit. Have fun Kiwi!

Offline LowKey

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 05:37:07 AM »
NECRO POST:

Seem to be doing a lot of this.

Fobus makes/made a Jericho holster that can be adapted to thigh rig with a little stitching. Since the holster is made forthe Jericho and they are essentially the same frame it should work perfectly. Also a P226 or other Sig Serpa may fit. Have fun Kiwi!

Just so I'll have the distinction of Necro-posting for my first post ;D

The EAA Witnesses are manufactured in Italy by Tanfoglio, but are imported into the US by EAA (European American Armory) and, as per federal regs, have the name/city/state of the importer marked on the firearm.     

Also,  prior to 2005 there were two different frames for the Witness. One "small" frame which was used for the 9mm/.40 and the "large" frame which was used for their .45 and 10mm models.   Starting in 2005 they standardized on the large frame only, so EAA Witnesses after 2005 use the large size frame just like the .45 and 10mm.   In fact this makes them very adaptable, as you can switch between calibers by swapping slide/barrel assemblies out and changing to the right magazine.    They also have a .22LR assembly.   

If you have a pre-2005 Witness you need to pay close attention when buying magazines as those made for the small frame won't work in the large frame and vise versa.     Post 2005 just ensure the mag you're buying is for the right caliber.   BTW, MecGar mkes the mags.

As you may have guessed, I'm a fan of this pistol.         ;D