Author Topic: WHo makes a good AR45 blowback upper?  (Read 1539 times)

Offline hankthebald

WHo makes a good AR45 blowback upper?
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »

I currently have a CNC lower running a Macon Armory upper. The problem I have is I live in Northern Wisconsin and shoot mostly indoors over the winter, and the local range only allows cast bullets. The cast bullets will run for a while in the upper but then things start to get gritty and the it starts jamming. I am looking for a good blowback upper that will function with a CNC lower. If anyone has any experience I would like to get some recommendations.

Hank

Offline Mad Machinist

Re: WHo makes a good AR45 blowback upper?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 06:40:49 PM »
I have plans for a blowback upper compatible with the AR45 upper....working on the prototype now.....Introducing a new Colt pattern blowback in the next few weeks....but it requires a feed ramp and Colt pattern hook ejector.....
I will look at modding a magazine that will allow the new blowback to run with the AR45 lower....the possibility just occurred to me while typing this reply........

Offline Baltimoreed11754

Re: WHo makes a good AR45 blowback upper?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
I have a pair of Olympic Arms upper parts guns. My uppers are DPMS slicksides but with Oly bcgs, ejectors and bbls. Lowers are CNCs. I only use lead with the occasional fmj to clean the bbl. I've built one into a sbr and its my favorite. Very reliable and a lot of fun. Ive shot it in a couple of matches.
" Give'em hell, Pike"