Author Topic: CNC.45 Mag release  (Read 1800 times)

Offline BlackOrchid

CNC.45 Mag release
« on: July 17, 2015, 03:18:16 PM »
Hi,

Just got my cnc ar45 lower.
I received the custom bullet button and 4 pins with it. I was curious if someone could tell me the exact spring and other parts (if any) that I also need to complete the assembly of the release system?

Also,
I want to say that I like the look of the lower very much over all. But I am not feeling very enthused about this mag release. The nub you push is small and totally smooth. Not even as practical as the factory button I got with my DPMS AR way back when.

Anyway, the rest of the parts I need is whats most important to me at this exact moment (though if there is an upgrade or ever will be I would like to know)
Brownells and amazon would be the easiest for ordering parts, for me. But at least if one of you more experienced builders could direct me to QUALITY (sure to last a long time, and work) parts, I would be very happy.

Thank you in advance.

Offline BlackOrchid

Re: CNC.45 Mag release
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
OK, looks like there is no variation on the spring at all. I was not sure because of the difference between a normal ar mag release and the 45.
So thats good.

Thanks anyway ;D

Offline Johnny_V

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
BlackOrchid,

I also love the design and looks of the AR45 from CNC Guns, but didn't like the design of the Mag Release. I modified it on mine to be able to remove it (mag release) without using a hammer and punch, and it turned out great (never like the idea of those darn roll pins). Click here to see how I did it. I never had a problem with the size of the nub, and being smooth was never an issue, but you could checker the release pad, if you so desired  - just my 2 of course.....
Johnny_V
NRA Endowment Life Member
Member OGCA & GOA
CCW OH & PA

Offline BlackOrchid

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
Thanks for the info!
But it sounds very much beyond my current abilities and resources. I think that I really have no option but to wait for some future improvement and the ability to buy a new part. I agree its not a huge thing. But I expect that the release button on modern ARs are the way they are for a reason, my guess is that the same rules apply here.

Truly though, I should just worry about the build with stock parts (this is my first build). The only reason I brought the release up was I am starting with the lower, trigger group and all the rest. Indeed it is obvious to me already that the release should be the least of my concerns since it does work fine as far as I can tell.

I may complain again later when I get this thing built and running and can take it out to put it through its paces ;) ;D

Offline Mad Machinist

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
Never had a problem with the roll pins...I just put one in the catch and then drive in from inside the catch....the put the other one in.... ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:42:08 PM by Mad Machinist »