Author Topic: AR45 at the Knob Creek Subgun Nationals  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Spitfiresubgun

AR45 at the Knob Creek Subgun Nationals
« on: October 15, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
HI all again I brought my AR45 to the Creek for some full auto action.

Had a poor run in Closed Bolt Iron sights too many FTE'S. I had a really bad backwards case jam, I quit after starting the second stage. My second run in Closed Bolt Optics was much better after cleaning and lubing the crap out of the bolt, only a few FTE's.

Still plagued with some of the typical problems..mostly Ammo supply finding what it likes to run with best. In my case S&B first but didnt have any Second is Magtec well there is no third or fourth. 

Now last April I had planned to stop by a certains forum members Macon, Ga.address on my way back to south Florida ( sorry i didnt do it ) But I did send him a PM and would stop by after this trip. To my surprise He was at the creek working the a booth. Boy It didnt take the Mad Machinist 2 minutes to diagnose my problems that the other guy had overlooked. With a quick part change out and a 4 mag test and tried out one of his uppers on my Thompson Machine lower on Sunday. Rudy has got my AR45 running like the champ, ready to knock over any steel plates with a single round or burst.

If you need any work done or want the best made and running upper you need to talk to Rudy, the Madmachinist.

I've already got my order in for his next revolution to this platform. You guys wont believe it!

Spitfiresubgun
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:34:03 PM by Spitfiresubgun »

Offline Mad Machinist

Re: AR45 at the Knob Creek Subgun Nationals
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
Michael.......was glad I was there to help out.....and really enjoyed the trigger time on the postie lower.....let me know when you are ready for one of my uppers......and that little classified concept we discussed I'll try and get started on next week..... ;D....just keep that one to yourself.....I already have enough projects on the boards people KNOW about....LOL....don't need another one yet...... ;)

Offline Spitfiresubgun

Re: AR45 at the Knob Creek Subgun Nationals
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:37:20 AM »
Yes Rudy,
My job is to intrigue, you let the  8)  cat  out of the bag, at your leisure!