Author Topic: LR 308 Upper and Lower Raw Forged Aluminum 7075 T6 Tempered Paper Weights  (Read 6347 times)

Offline wendellgj

Anyone interested in a group buy?

I will be investigating price and projected LR 308 "Upper and Lower" forge dates.

I would expect any paper weight order group buy delivery would be next summer around June or July 2014 if I make a contract now.

This would take alot of intestinal fortitude by all the members as well as some manufacturers as these are only sold as minimums so I can't sit around with a 1,000 of these of any design.

As I become more involved and increases have become real time I need to move the extra parts.

One of my indeavors has been to get the .308 paper weights and during the processes I have learned and losted so next time around this will not happen.

However, I have paper weights inventory and this is good if I can stay out of the "poor-house".

I should be getting a quote soon.

wendellgj

Offline Johnny_V

Wendell,

Put me down for at least 2 (maybe more depending on the price). Come on guys, let's get this party going. Wendell is really helping us all out by doing all the leg work......
Johnny_V
NRA Endowment Life Member
Member OGCA & GOA
CCW OH & PA

Offline luv2ride

Right now yes. In the coming year it's hard to say as a lot of life changes are coming up. More than likely I would be in for some.

Offline shootingblanks

I am interested as well, will these be matched uppers and lowers? For the 308 wich design will they be?

Offline Abutch70

Re: LR 308 Upper and Lower Raw Forged Aluminum 7075 T6 Tempered Paper Weights
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »
Depending on price, id be in for 5-10 each of the uppers and lowers.

Offline rman1956

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55:01 PM »
I would be interested in an upper and lower. maybe more depending on the price.

Offline smcal

i not been on the forum for a while but i would be interested in a couple of upper and lower in  308 add me to the list

Offline bugcatchertoo

Wendell

Put me down for five .308 upper / lower sets.  Depending on the price, there may be interest in more sets or at least lowers.

Thanks again for your efforts,

Bugcatchertoo
W. L. Decker

Offline smcal

So is this a go are the forging's available ?

Smcal

Offline wendellgj

My original quote has expired and it was for cash up front for .308 size forgings where as the last quote for AR15 type forgings was upon delivery. I can tell you the price for forging has gone up just like everything else so I have no idea at this point what they would cost. There has not been enough interest to gather enough cash for a buy. If I were in a position to make a contract order for .308 upper and lower paper weights in the future I will. If enough interest builds it might be possible. The minimum orders are at least 250 paper weights per receiver type. I would estimate a cost of $25.00 ea. (guess) so we need $6250.00 per paper weight type so $12,500.00 FOR AN ORDER. Now you can see we start talking some change but that is what it takes and I will sure do it since I can with this absolutely excellent forge. It all adds up to the folks and they seem to be busy surviving or ??????

Offline Johnny_V

Seems like everyone forgot the hell we just went through this past year with this current administration. I wish I could afford to go 50/50 with Wendell on this deal, 'cause I think it's a heck of a deal. Mark my words, when I say the paperweight scenario of rifle building will be a thing of the past, and if you aren't vigilant in securing your future, you will be sorry. Just my 2.......
Johnny_V
NRA Endowment Life Member
Member OGCA & GOA
CCW OH & PA

Offline wendellgj

Johnny_V response moved to General Forum since I got off the subject.

wendellgj

Offline smcal

sorry to hear it's not going to happen i can machine a lower but it's a lot easier to machine one from a forging the cost of the total amount for the order of forging's is a lot of money to invest thanks for trying though.

Smcal

Offline wendellgj

Not to say it will never happen. It may happen but there are two obstacles as you mention the obvious financial which is easily overcome by (reality of the subject matter) by a large number of hobbyists and patriots who care about the future of their personal freedom. The other as I mentioned is personal freedom which will be removed part-by-part or possibly confiscation like is already happening. Thank you for the great response!

wendellgj

Offline smcal

wendellgj

I am with you and would stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone wanting to defend our nation, put me down for a couple of paper weights if you get them.

Smcal

Offline Hamlin6439

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 12:00:56 PM »
Does anyone know if DPMS LR-308 raw uppers and lowers are available.  The thread is a little dated.  Looking for Upper raw forgings-more specifically.  Thanks for your time Hamlin6439