Author Topic: HK416 Clone  (Read 67176 times)

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
Re: HK416 Clone
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »
They will be exactly like real HK416 lowers. 
  Justin, will the new batch of HK416 clone 80% lowers  accept standard M4/AR15 mags  like the GENII PMAGS?

Offline Ender864

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
Do you have any room left for one more order? Highly interested

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
Do you have any room left for one more order? Highly interested
Yes, shoot me an email.... justin@cncguns.com

Offline Keith

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »
Justin, I've completed the drilling and milling of your 11%er and I've got a couple of questions about finishing.  What did you do to get the anodizing to turn out looking like an HK finish?  Did you bead blast the machining marks off and do a bright dip before hard anodizing?  Was there any unique specifications/techniques to get the "HK black" color to match your HK factory upper or is it the standard Type III process? 

And, I know you've told me before, but I can't remember what you said to use for white and red paint sticks to fill the pictographs with?  I'll be using an HK MR556a1 upper to complete my build, and I'm really hoping mine turns out as well as yours did!
Thanks in advance.

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2014, 12:45:23 PM »
Justin, I've completed the drilling and milling of your 11%er and I've got a couple of questions about finishing.  What did you do to get the anodizing to turn out looking like an HK finish?  Did you bead blast the machining marks off and do a bright dip before hard anodizing?  Was there any unique specifications/techniques to get the "HK black" color to match your HK factory upper or is it the standard Type III process? 

And, I know you've told me before, but I can't remember what you said to use for white and red paint sticks to fill the pictographs with?  I'll be using an HK MR556a1 upper to complete my build, and I'm really hoping mine turns out as well as yours did!
Thanks in advance.

Glad to hear you are finishing your lower.  This link should answer some of your questions.... http://www.cncguns.com/hk416email.html

Yes, I bead blasted the lower and used bright dip during the anodizing process.  The bright dip process just gives the lower a slight sheen instead of a dull black.  No special "HK Black" just basic hard black anodizing.  I think US Anodizing should be able to anodize the lower for you.  I describe the white and red paint in the link above. 

Good luck!!

Offline Keith

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 08:43:23 AM »
Hi Justin,  I wanted to let you know that I finished my HK416 project last winter and have only just gotten around to taking a couple pics.
Thanks for all your help with this. I'm putting an EOTech 512 on it, but left it off for the pics I took to mimic yours.

You and your site have been great resources for getting this done!

Offline jwh02017

• CNC Gunsmithing
  • Administrator
    • CNC Gunsmithing
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »
Hi Justin,  I wanted to let you know that I finished my HK416 project last winter and have only just gotten around to taking a couple pics.
Thanks for all your help with this. I'm putting an EOTech 512 on it, but left it off for the pics I took to mimic yours.

You and your site have been great resources for getting this done!
It looks great!!!  VERY NICE.