Author Topic: AR15 PDFs - Exploded views and machine drawings  (Read 190913 times)

Offline PHALANX

Re: AR15 PDFs - Exploded views and machine drawings
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
oh and also, incase anyone is wondering why i need them. i'm going to attempt to have a titanium buffer tube made. i know it's expensive, it's heavier than aluminum, but keep in mind, it is a bit stronger and most importantly titanium does not corrode. i know most completely do not need something like this, but i do=)

i've been quoted $4500 on a titanium A3-A4 upper from floridaarms i believe. yeah i know yikes!!  i'll pass for now, atleast till i can find a more cost effective source for having them made. but a titanium buffer tube seems easier not to mention cheaper to have made as long as i have it done through the right source.  my goal is to see if i can obtain the buffertube at something a bit more realistic, like say around $500 

also any info on custom made parts of titanium anyone may know of cost size of part company who did the machining etc would be greatly appreciated again thanks in advance=)

Offline TehVice

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
I have a military tube model I made from a drawing I found a little while back. I'll dig around my laptop later on and see if I can find it.

Offline PHALANX

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
http://grabcad.com/cadfiles/buffer-tube-carbine-m4-slash-m16-rifle-mil-spec

sweeeet! awesome! thank you kind sir :D

now to try n get that file to some of the sources to find the lightest pocket damage!  i'm hoping this project can stay realistic, keeping my fingers crossed lol

Offline wendellgj

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
I don't know if this will help but I know that B1-B Swing Wing Bomber has Titanium plumbing for hydraulics and the tubing was made up to fit at the base. There were several sizes and don't remember if any were that big. They were rated at a working pressure of 5,000 psi. so someone is making tubing of Titanium if you could find the manufacturer. Just a thought, good hunting to you.

WGJ

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »
oh and also, incase anyone is wondering why i need them. i'm going to attempt to have a titanium buffer tube made. i know it's expensive, it's heavier than aluminum, but keep in mind, it is a bit stronger and most importantly titanium does not corrode. i know most completely do not need something like this, but i do=)

i've been quoted $4500 on a titanium A3-A4 upper from floridaarms i believe. yeah i know yikes!!  i'll pass for now, atleast till i can find a more cost effective source for having them made. but a titanium buffer tube seems easier not to mention cheaper to have made as long as i have it done through the right source.  my goal is to see if i can obtain the buffertube at something a bit more realistic, like say around $500 

also any info on custom made parts of titanium anyone may know of cost size of part company who did the machining etc would be greatly appreciated again thanks in advance=)

just out of curiosity, what/where is your environment?

Offline goober

• goober on heatware
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »

just out of curiosity, what/where is your environment?
i'm guessing marine...
heatware username: goober

Offline Xthump

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but did anyone else notice some slight discrepancies between the flat top AR15 solid model when compared to the a3 upper blueprints?

upper solid model                            a3 upper pdf prints
center hole = 1.005"                               1" +/- 0.002
overall width = 2.06"                              1.982 +/- 0.003

thank

Offline judcargile

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 03:42:24 AM »
Hi men,

My name is Jud and I am going to ask a question most of you know or know is wrong. I know jack about CAD/CAM applications. I have been pulling triggers since I was in diapers and finally got a full time job in the defense industry since Gulf War I and this job is actually not boring! LOL! I have a contact who is going to try and produce a sample on his CAM tooling and he asked me for a drawing. I think I found a good spec drawing; However, since this cat is doing me a big favor. I would think there are correct programs written on the upper assembly, though I can not imagine how anything CNCs a barrel. I am hoping we can contract hammer forged ones locally. Anyway, I found this:

http://grabcad.com/library/ar15-lower-parts-kit

I understand this is a CAD, now will this interface and serve as commands to program the CAM or do I need to be looking for CAM programs and can anyone refer me to proven CAM for complete AR-15 upper assemblies? Since I am here begging, we are also looking for AK-47 semi, SKS semi, M-14, 1911 GI and 1911 Hi-Capacity drawings and programs as well.

Thank You for your time,

Offline diegus

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:10 AM »
 write from Italy,
i am a new user of this forum, please exusme in advantage for my mistake and for my bad english.

i'm start in few monts a new job about gunsmithing and custom ar15  rifle.

i'm loocking for find all tech data, and tolerache of standard "mil spec" dimension.  expecially for bolt head, bolt carrier and barrel extension of ar15 and ar10. but expecially for ar15.

i have spend some time to loock draeing or other data for know whic kind of steel, which kind of surface treatment and expecialli the correct dimension and tolerance of a standard mils psc dimension parts.

any one have idea if i can find this information? i can pay a reasonable amount for this draving.

thanks alot.

Offline TehVice

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »
write from Italy,
i am a new user of this forum, please exusme in advantage for my mistake and for my bad english.

i'm start in few monts a new job about gunsmithing and custom ar15  rifle.

i'm loocking for find all tech data, and tolerache of standard "mil spec" dimension.  expecially for bolt head, bolt carrier and barrel extension of ar15 and ar10. but expecially for ar15.

i have spend some time to loock draeing or other data for know whic kind of steel, which kind of surface treatment and expecialli the correct dimension and tolerance of a standard mils psc dimension parts.

any one have idea if i can find this information? i can pay a reasonable amount for this draving.

thanks alot.

send me a message with your email address

Offline courtney.cj

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 03:08:39 PM »

Rifle Length Barrel Assembly

M4 Barrel Assembly

Hi,
Could you please refresh the links for the above two exploded views of the m4 and rifle length barrels? I saved every one of the above links for reference- they're incredible! thanks-

edit- somehow i missed the exploded view of the m4 link- so never mind- thanks anyhow- these diagrams are perfect for my build-
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:11:47 PM by courtney.cj »

Offline blackfin2

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »
FUBOB, DO YOU HAVE DETAILED DRAWING OF STANDARD MIL SPEC AR15 BARREL, 16" OR 18", WHATEVER YOU HAVE, I AM LOOKING SPECIFICALLY FOR CHAMBER DIMENSIONS, HEAD SPACE AND BCG ENGAGEMENT HIEGHT OF CARTRIDGE IN THE CHAMBER.
ANY DWG YOU HAVE WOULD HELP ME,
THANK YOU
WAYNE
BLACKFIN2

Offline FUBob

• Administrator
    • FirearmFiles
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »
Everything I have is up

FUBob

FUBOB, DO YOU HAVE DETAILED DRAWING OF STANDARD MIL SPEC AR15 BARREL, 16" OR 18", WHATEVER YOU HAVE, I AM LOOKING SPECIFICALLY FOR CHAMBER DIMENSIONS, HEAD SPACE AND BCG ENGAGEMENT HIEGHT OF CARTRIDGE IN THE CHAMBER.
ANY DWG YOU HAVE WOULD HELP ME,
THANK YOU
WAYNE
BLACKFIN2

Offline arararar

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 03:40:20 PM »
I am unsure if this is available elsewhere or where it would be better posted, so I'm posting it here. I made a simple 2D drawing of the magwell and fire-control pockets. You should be able to import them into your CAM software and do the pocket chaining for each as needed. I extended the rear FCP forward so that they can be easily chained for separate pocketing operations.

Note that the radii in the fire control pocket is 3/8 and not the spec 7/16! I did this since the largest endmill I had was 3/8 (and they are usually more common). This radius works absolutely fine and does not effect function at all. Magwell radii are the spec .062. I did not include the 5/16 arc at the front of the magwell assuming that it is already drilled to size.

X zero is the center of the front takedown pivot pin. Y zero is the centerline.

I drew this in mastercam and exported as a DXF. Let me know if you need a different file type.

Offline BlackSage

• If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
Does anyone have or have a link to the diagrams with measurements for the fire control group?

~TBS